The Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL) is the leading professional association and trade union for all school and college leaders. We are proud to support and represent more than 20,500 school and college leaders of primary, secondary and post-16 education from across the UK.
Our members are responsible for the education of more than four million young people and children. We work to shape national education policy, provides advice and support to our members and deliver first-class professional development.
We have no political affiliation.
We represent school and college leaders with a wide range of roles including:
- Executive Headteachers
- CEOs of Multi-Academy Trusts
- Heads of School
- Deputy Heads and Vice Principals
- Assistant Heads/Assistant Principals
- School Business Managers/Business Leaders
- Finance Directors and CFOs
- Colleagues with strategic whole school/college or cross-trust responsibilities
is also open to individuals working at a senior level employed by other educational organisations such as those working in trust central offices and other bodies which work with schools and colleges.
At ASCL we are inspired by a vision of high quality education for all young people and children as well as honouring our commitment to supporting every single member we do this by:
ASCL Professional Development
- offering on-demand advice, guidance and best practice
- providing members with legal support and full trade union representation and protection
- shaping and influencing policy
- delivering high quality professional development
(ASCL PD), a limited company affiliated to ASCL, provides first-class CPD including courses, conferences, accredited qualifications, tailor-made training and much more. Visit the ASCL Professional Development website here