The government’s guidance and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19) in educational settings for staff, parents and carers, pupils and students can all be found on www.gov.uk
ASCL has also produced an extensive, and growing, range of guidance to support members in dealing with this unprecedented situation.
Our FAQs for school and college leaders are updated daily. They cover a wide range of issues, under the following headings:
We are currently hosting weekly webinars on coronavirus-related issues. Members can listen live on Wednesday mornings, or access recordings later. Topics so far have included:
- September reopening of schools | 24 June
- Planning for ongoing disruption |11 June
- The science behind the wider opening of schools | 3 June
- Mental health and wellbeing for school leaders|28 May
- Planning ahead for secondary schools | 20 May
- Planning ahead | 13 May
- Vulnerable children and young people | 6 May
- Centre assessed grading | 29 April
- Mental health and wellbeing | 22 April
- A curriculum for young people | 15 April
- Finances, staffing issues, and pay and conditions | 08 April
- Ongoing issues, qualifications and funding | 02 April
Planning, finance and risk assessment
Remote learning and assessment
Safeguarding, mental health and wellbeing
The ASCL specialist team have produced a number of guidance papers to support members on key issues.
JOINT UNION GUIDANCE
In addition to the above, we have worked with colleagues in NAHT and NEU to produce the following joint guidance:
Our press releases relating to this situation can be found under News.
You may also be interested in Geoff Barton’s recent TES blogs:
Specific advice for members in Wales includes:
ASCL NORTHERN IRELAND
Emerging principles and guidance regarding teacher professional judgements for summer 2020 in Northern Ireland
ASCL NI Briefing paper for Education Committee, NI Assembly 3 June 2020
Further specific advice for members in Northern Ireland is available here (scroll down to 'Pastoral Care, Teaching and Learning).
Briefing videos from Geoff Barton, ASCL General Secretary, updating school and college leaders with the latest information regarding Coronavirus.