The DfE is fully-funding eligible governing boards to complete the National Governance Association (NGA) Leading Governance Development programme
This CPD programme is designed for those governing in MATs, empty MATs and federations of two or more schools, or boards of schools in DfE specified areas of England where the school is rated by Ofsted as Requires Improvement. This is a consultant-led bespoke programme, that will be tailored to your board’s circumstances, to improve practice and outcomes, and includes two places on the Development for Chairs programme. It can be fully-funded by the DfE, up to at least £2,500 of funding available per eligible trust or board.
Your consultant will work closely with the board, analysing an online board self-evaluation, the results of which will enable the board to plan with the consultant the support that will be offered. Leadership skills can be strengthened for one to two board members per school, through participation in the Leading Governance development for chairs programme.
What’s included in the programme?
Designed to suit each board’s circumstances, this programme will include elements such as:
Benefits of the programme
- evaluation of the board’s strengths and areas for development
- face-to-face/virtual engagement with the board and senior leaders
- co-creation of a governance action plan
- up to two board members per school can join a leadership development programme
This programme aims to develop governance by:
- ensuring that the board is self-evaluating accurately
- supporting the creation of a governance action plan which is realistic in scope and will ensure impact on governance practice and therefore pupil outcomes
- targeting areas where knowledge gain is required
- developing leadership skills
- monitoring and evaluating progress and impact
For more information: please visit NGA’s website www.nga.org.uk/leadinggovernance
to register and enquire about eligibility for funding, or contact the Leading Governance Team firstname.lastname@example.org
call 0121 237 3780 (option 4)
Development for Clerks
To strengthen your board’s effectiveness, NGA recommends that this programme is taken alongside NGA’s Development for Clerks programme.
Please visit NGA’s website www.nga.org.uk/leadinggovernance
to find out more.