The DfE has published templates on GOV.UK to help schools meet their Pupil Premium reporting obligations, with refreshed effective practice guidance.
The new templates, that are voluntary to use, are designed to make reporting easier and quicker. The guidance and templates direct schools to the Education Endowment Foundation’s Pupil Premium Guide (June 2019) and its three-tier approach:
- focusing most of the grant on recruiting and developing high-quality teachers
- dividing the rest between targeted academic programmes
- wider ‘school readiness’ initiatives.
The refreshed webpages reiterate:
- a prompt to consider the needs of all educationally disadvantaged pupils (children in need, young carers) when arranging support
- a suggestion that schools might wish to plan their Pupil Premium strategy over the medium term – for example, over three years
Blank templates for primary, secondary and special schools are accompanied by worked examples to help school leaders complete them.
For more details, use the following links: